THE CORPORATION CENTER OF EXCELLENCE IN MARINE SCIENCES – CEMarin OPENS THE CALL No. 18 OF 2019, TO FINANCE THE PARTICIPATION IN THE XVIII COLACMAR
Published on October 23th, 2019
CEMarin is a mixed and non-profit Corporation, founded by six universities (the Universidad Nacional de Colombia, the Universidad de los Andes, the Universidad de Bogotá Jorge Tadeo Lozano, the Universidad de Antioquia, the Universidad del Valle and the Justus-Liebig University, in Giessen, Germany) that collectively address current problems in the area of marine sciences that cannot be solved by isolated individuals or institutions.
Promoted and financed by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) through the “Foreign Science Initiative 2009” program of the Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Germany and the universities mentioned above, this initiative has making possible the scientific cooperation between researchers from the two countries and scientific training of young postgraduate level researchers.
As part of activities to fulfill its mission, CEMarin opens the Call No. 18 of 2019, through which it will support the participation of students from partner universities in the XVIII Congreso Latinoamericano de Ciencias del Mar (COLACMAR).
1. DESCRIPTION OF THE XVIII CONGRESO LATINOAMERICANO DE CIENCIAS DEL MAR (COLACMAR)
The Congreso Latinoamericano de Ciencias del Mar (COLACMAR) is the most important oceanographic event in the Americas. The event programming features the presentation of the newest scientific and technological initiatives, bringing together students, researchers, professionals, as well as organizations, institutions and public and private companies throughout Latin America, the Caribbean and other continents, interested in the development of marine sciences.
For further information visit: http://pino2.mdp.edu.ar/igcc/congresos/?tag=colacmar-2019
VENUE AND DATE:
Mar del Plata, Argentina, between November 4th and 8th, 2019.
2. CALL OBJECTIVES:
- Financially support masters and doctorate students from partner universities to participate in the XVIII Congreso Latinoamericano de Ciencias del Mar (COLACMAR).
- Provide the opportunity for students to actively venture into socialization scenarios with the results of their research.
- Give students the opportunity to discuss with scientific peers scientific and technological advances of their research.
3. AIMED TO:
Master’s or doctoral students from CEMarin member universities that have been accepted as speakers at the XVII COLACMAR.
4. NUMBER OF SUPPORTS:
Six (6) endorsements, for a total of COP $ 3,060,000 each.
5. REQUIREMENTS AND DOCUMENTS:
To apply for funding, the candidate must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject: Call No. 18 of 2019, attaching the following documents:
1. Summary of his / her intervention approved to be presented at the Conference by the organizers of the XVIII COLACMAR.
2. Documentation will be accepted not later than October 31th, 2019, 5 p.m., Colombian time.
3. The results of the call will be published on the CEMarin web site on November 1st, 2019.
6. COMMITMENTS AFTER RECEIVING THE SUPPORT:
Upon receiving funding to participate in the Seminar, the student must:
- Acknowledge the financing granted by CEMarin in any presentation he / she makes at the event and its publications.
- Use the CEMarin affiliation in any presentation he / she makes at the event and its publications, if he / she is an active CEMarin Early Stage Researcher.
- Become a CEMarin Early Stage Researcher in a term not exceeding six months, in case he / she is not yet.
- Send a scientific essay on an innovative subject that has been discussed in the Conference, to be published in the CEMarin Newsletter or on the CEMarin website. The essay must fulfill the following characteristics: a) Have between 1000 and 1200 words, including the references. Use Times New Roman or Arial fonts with size 11, line spacing at single lines, and normal margins all around. b) Write in English and Spanish.
- Provide five (5) high-quality photos of the Conference (Full HD, minimum resolution of 1280×720 pixels), that the Corporation will use later for informative purposes. The student must appear in at least two (2) of them.
- Participate in an interview that will be recorded on video, in which he or she will talk about the work presented at the Conference and the role of the CEMarin as a funding entity for his or her participation.
- Disseminate information about CEMarin and its activities during the event, distributing brochures and advertising information that will be delivered to each beneficiary.
Note: All deliverables must be sent to email@example.com one month after participating in the Conference.
For further information, please email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +57 1-3002715.
Check the terms of reference.