Dr. Jairo Alonso Rivera Posada
- 2009 – 2012: Ph.D. candidate, Microbiology and Marine Biology, James Cook University, Australia.
- 2000 – 2005 : Ph.D. in Animal Medicine and Surgery, University of León, Spain.
- 1992 – 1999: B.Sc. in Veterinary Medicine and Zootechnics, Universidad De Caldas, Colombia
- Universidad de Antioquia, Medellín. Environmental corporation.
- Address: Calle 67 53-108
- Phone: (+61 )(0)7 4781 4850
- Medellín, Antioquia, Colombia
- Parasitology and medical diagnosis of marine diseases (applied research). Management of academic and research entities. University teaching.
- 2012-2015: Ph.D. Research Fellow – ARC CoE Coral Reef Studies, James Cook University- AIMS2000 – Date: Associate Professor at Universidad De Antioquia, Medellín.
- 2007: Head of the School, College of Veterinary Medicine, La Salle University, Colombia
- 2006: Director Veterinary Hospital, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Antioquia, Colombia
- 2003: Professor at Ces University
- 2000 – 2004: Professor at Universidad De Pamplona
Topics: Crown-of-thorns starfish, biological control, host – pathogen interactions.
Rivera-Posada JA, Caballes CF, Pratchett MS (2013). Lethal doses of oxbile, peptones and thiosulfate-citrate-bile-sucrose agar (TCBS) for Acanthaster planci; exploring alternative population control options. Marine Pollution Bulletin 75: 133-139.
Pratchett M, Rivera-Posada JA, Aguilar C, Caballe C, Granda A (2012). Efficacy of oxbile for controlling outbreak populations of Acanthaster planci on the Great Barrier Reef. Report to the Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population & Communities, NERP, Tropical Environmental Hub, 12 pp.
Rivera-Posada JA and Pratchett MS (2012). Pathogenesis in crown-of-thorns starfish (Acanthaster planci L); Importance in outbreak dynamics and opportunities for controlling populations. Report to the Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population & Communities, NERP, Tropical Environmental Hub, Townsville, 17 pp.
Number of publications:
TAGS: Marine Biology, Pathogens, Medical Imaging, Biomaterials, Physiology, Immunology, Microbiology