M.Sc. Gerard Olivar Tost
- 1993-1997 Ph.D. in Sciences – Mathematics: Technical University of Catalonia, Spain.
- 1981-1987 B.Sc in Mathematics: University of Barcelona, Spain.
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- Department of Mathematics and Statistics
- Manizales, Colombia.
- 2015-date Full Professor at Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Manizales, Colombia.
- 2012-2014 Director of Research and Technology Transfer Office, Manizales Campus, Universidad Nacional de Colombia.
- 2005-2006 Associate Professor at Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering and Computer Sciences, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Manizales, Colombia.
- 1999-2005 Associate Professor at Department of Applied Mathematics 4, Technical University of Catalonia, Barcelona, Spain.
- 1987-1990 Lecturer at Department of Applied Mathematics and Telematics, Technical University of Catalonia, Barcelona, Spain.
Topics: Analysis of dynamic systems, bifurcations, nonlinear dynamics and control.
Restrepo, J.B., Olivar, G., Cardona, C.A. (2014) Bifurcation analysis of dynamic process models using Aspen Dynamics® and Aspen Custom Modeler®, Computers and Chemical Engineering, Vol. 62, pp. 10– 20. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compchemeng.2013.11.013
Amador, J.A., Olivar, G., Angulo, F., (2013) Smooth and Filippov Models of Sustainable Development: Bifurcations and Numerical Computations, Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems, Vol. 21, pp. 173-184. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12591-012-0138-2
Melo, L.A., Casanova, S., Olivar, G., (2013) Dynamics of a Bioreactor with a Bacteria Piecewise-Linear Growth Model in a Methane-Producing Process, Mathematical Problems in Engineering, Vol. 2013, 8 pages. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2013/685452
Number of publications:
TAGS: Bifurcations of piecewise smooth dynamical systems. .