Dr. Jaime Fernando González Mantilla
- 2006: Ph.D. in Marine Estuarine and Environmental Sciences, University of Maryland, U.S.A.
- 1997: M.Sc. in Marine Estuarine and Environmental Sciences, University of Maryland, U.S.A.
- 1989: B.Sc. in Veterinary,Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Colombia.
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Bogotá, Colombia.
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Zootechnics. Department of Animal Health Sciences.
- Aquatic Toxicology Laboratory
- Phone: +57(1) 3165000 ext:19461
AQUATICA – Research group in aquatic and environmental toxicology
Physico-chemical and toxicological water analyst, Inter-institutional work with research and science entities. University teaching.
- 1990 – date: Associate Professor Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Bogotá, Colombia.
- 1997: Director of the Aquatic Toxicology Laboratory.
- 2001-2004. Researcher Kinetics of Phase I-II. Biotransformation Reactions in 8 Finfish Aquacultured Species (Ph.D. Project).
- 2005: Researcher in a project on the accumulation of metals in captain fish (Erimophilus mutissi) in the Bogotá River channel (Financed by the Al Verde Vivo Foundation).
Topics: Aquatic and Veterinary Toxicology, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.
González JF, Reimschuessel R, Shaikh B, Kane AS (2009). Kinetics of hepatic phase I and II biotransformation reactions in eight finfish species. Marine Environmental Research 67: 183-188. ISSN: 0141-1136
Salcedo A, Díaz SM, González JF, Rodríguez A, Varona ME. (2012) Exposure to pesticides in the inhabitants of the Bogotá river bank (Suesca) and in the Captain fish. Health Sciences Magazine 10 (Special): 29-41. ISSN: 1692-7273
Bourbon JF, González JF. 2012. Acute exposure to fenthion in juveniles of white cachama (Piaractus brachypomus): toxic effects, changes in cholinesterase activity and potential use in environmental monitoring. Health Sciences Magazine 10 (Special): 43-51. ISSN: 1692-7273
Number of publications:
TAGS: Veterinary Toxicology, Aquatic and Environmental Toxicology, Fish Medicine.