The Corporation Center of Excellence in Marine Sciences – CEMarin opens the call No. 20 of 2020 to support the organization of academic events on marine sciences
CEMarin is a mixed and non-profit Corporation, founded by Colombian institutions (Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Universidad de Los Andes, Universidad de Bogotá Jorge Tadeo Lozano, Universidad del Valle, and Universidad de Antioquia) and by the Justus-Liebig University in Giessen, Germany, to perform basic and applied research in marine sciences, collectively solving problems that cannot be faced by isolated individuals or institutions. This initiative that has been driven by the Colombian government, by the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD according to its German acronym) has made possible the scientific cooperation between researchers from the two countries and scientific training of young-doctoral level researchers. As part of activities to fulfill its mission CEMarin opens Call No. 20 of 2020, entitled Support for Academic Events on Marine Sciences.
The “Support for Academic Events on Marine Sciences” is intended to support CEMarin researchers’ key academic events that seek to promote the Marine Sciences in Colombia such as conferences, congresses, workshops, etc. Among others, it aims at assisting national and international academic activities (developed in Colombia or Germany) in order to share ideas, results, knowledge, and enhance networking among and between the academy, the general public, the policy makers, the entrepreneurs, and all other stakeholders related to marine sciences.
1. CALL OBJECTIVE
The program supports researchers or groups of researchers from CEMarin institutions to organize events that seek to promote marine sciences in Colombia.
2. ELIGIBILITY PROFILE
The program is open to all the CEMarin researchers from our member institutions.
3. SUPPORT CATEGORIES
- Organization support:
CEMarin researchers can get support in the organization of their events (either virtual or face to face) such as promotion stand, development of material related to the event, Google ad grants, graphic design, among others.
- Financial support:
CEMarin can provide economical support with a maximum of 6.000.000 Colombian Pesos (6.000.000 COP) per event to be executed exclusively for the event development. The funds will be administered by CEMarin and will be paid directly to the researcher.
4. SPECIFIC CRITERIA FOR EVENTS
Some of the following criteria will be used to prioritize events for receiving funding:
- The application must be submitted at least two months before the event.
- Must be related to at least one of the research lines of the CEMarin (for a list of research lines see: https://www.cemarin.org/en/lines-of-research/).
- Include CEMarin as a co-organizer of the event.
- Invite international participants.
- Connect the scientific community with other stakeholders (e.g. local communities, companies, policy makers, etc).
- Support students to develop their careers in marine sciences.
- Increase scientific and technological innovation in the field of marine sciences.
5. APPLICATION SCHEDULE
The call will open in 2020 and will run as long as funds remain.
In order to apply, the candidate must fill out the form SUPPORT FOR ACADEMIC EVENTS ON MARINE SCIENCES FORMAT APPLICATION
CEMarin might need more information about the event, in that case, the candidate would send the information to email@example.com email address.
6. APPLICATION STEPS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Make sure to include all the information in the form: budget, aims, scope, and tentative agenda of the event.
- The application must be written in English.
- Proposals that do not adhere to these requirements may be blocked from submission and review.
7. COMMITMENTS AFTER RECEIVING THE SUPPORT
Researchers must provide evidence of the use of the resources (e.g. invoices, contracts, etc.). The researcher must guarantee that the CEMarin will be acknowledged and visible during the event.
For more information, please email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.