THE CORPORATION CENTER OF EXCELLENCE IN MARINE SCIENCES – CEMarin OPENS THE CALL No. 17 OF 2019, TO FINANCE THE REGISTRATION IN THE XVIII SENALMAR
Published on August 9th, 2019
CEMarin is a mixed and non-profit Corporation, founded by six universities (the Universidad Nacional de Colombia, the Universidad de los Andes, the Universidad de Bogotá Jorge Tadeo Lozano, the Universidad de Antioquia, the Universidad del Valle and the Justus-Liebig University, in Giessen, Germany) that collectively address current problems in the area of marine sciences that can not be solved by isolated individuals or institutions.
Promoted and financed by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) through the “Foreign Science Initiative 2009” program of the Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Germany and the universities mentioned above, this initiative has making possible the scientific cooperation between researchers from the two countries and scientific training of young postgraduate level researchers.
As part of activities to fulfill its mission, CEMarin opens the Call No. 17 of 2019, to support the register of CEMarin Early Stage Researchers in the VIII Seminario Nacional de Ciencias y Tecnologías del Mar (SENALMAR).
1. DESCRIPTION OF THE XVIII SEMINARIO NACIONAL DE CIENCIAS Y TECNOLOGÍAS DEL MAR
The Seminario Nacional de Ciencias y Tecnologías del Mar is a biennial academic initiative, where experts in marine sciences expose, discuss and socialize the most representative advances of this sector at national and international level.
Since 1969, this seminar has allowed discussing the most urgent issues in the regions, as well as motivating the participation of different academic, private and public entities around marine and coastal matters. In this way, has promoted the creation and dissemination of Colombian science, ensuring the updating of knowledge and the linking of private and public companies in the analysis of current problems that contribute to the sustainable development of the oceans and coastal spaces.
For further information visit http://senalmar.cco.gov.co/acerca-de-senalmar
VENUE AND DATE:
Barranquilla, Colombia, between October 22th and 25th, 2019.
2. CALL OBJECTIVES:
a. Support the CEMarin Early Stage Researchers with the registration to the XVIII Seminario Nacional de Ciencias y Tecnologías del Mar.
b. Provide opportunity for CEMarin Early Stage Researchers to venture actively into socialization scenarios of the results of their research.
c. Give opportunity to CEMarin Early Stage Researchers to disseminate recent scientific and technological advances of their research with academic peers.
3. AIMED TO:
CEMarin Early Stage Researchers.
4. NUMBER OF SUPPORTS:
Five (5) financial supports that include: national tickets (round trip), travel expenses and payment of the registration to the XVIII SENALMAR.
5. REQUIREMENTS AND DOCUMENTS:
To apply for the support candidate must be a CEMarin Early Stage Researcher and must sent an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject: Call No. 17 of 2019, attaching the following documents:
a. Summary of his/her intervention in the Seminar, approved by the Scientific Committee of the event.
b. Letter of motivation stating why the XVIII SENALMAR will contribute to his/her postgraduate studies and the development of his/her thesis project.
c. Letter of the thesis advisor stating that she/he agrees that the CEMarin Early Stage Researcher attend the Seminar.
Documentation will be accepted not later than October 9th, 2019, 5 p.m., Colombian time.
The results of the call will be published on the CEMarin web site on October 16th, 2019.
6. COMMITMENTS AFTER RECEIVING THE SUPPORT:
Upon receiving funding to participate in the Seminar, the CEMarin Early Stage Researcher must:
1.Use the CEMarin affiliation and acknowledge the financing granted by CEMarin in any presentation at the Seminar and in the publications of the scientific event.
2. Participate in an interview that will be recorded on video, in which he or she will talk about the work presented at the Seminar and the role of the CEMarin Corporation as a funding entity for his or her participation.
3. Submit to CEMarin a document that collects detailed information on the resources asigned to the marine science research by the institution of higher education in which he/her is enrolled. Among other, it is expected the CEMarin Early Stage Researcher provide information about: academic programs, as well as research groups, related to marine sciences; the extension programs performed by the university related to this field; the institutional laboratories involved in sample analysis; etc.
4. Provide CEMarin with five (5) high-quality photos of the scientific event (Full HD, minimum resolution of 1280×720 pixels), that the Corporation will use later for informative purposes. The CEMarin Early Stage Researcher must appear in at least two (2) of them. The photographs must be delivered within eight business days following the culmination of the event.
Note: All deliverables must be sent to email@example.com.
For further information, please email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +57 1-3002715.
Check the terms of reference.
Pilar Herrón (Universidad de Bremen)
Dalia Barragán (Universidad de los Andes)
Alejandra Robles (Universidad Nacional de Colombia)