THE CORPORATION CENTER OF EXCELLENCE IN MARINE SCIENCES – CEMarin OPENS THE CALL FOR SUPPORT GRANT: SCIENTIFIC PROJECTS AND FUNDRAISING MANAGER – INFRASTRUCTURE, TECHNOLOGY AND DATA
The Corporation Center of Excellence in Marine Sciences – CEMarin is an international non-profit organization founded by six universities (Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Universidad de los Andes, Universidad de Bogotá Jorge Tadeo Lozano, Universidad de Antioquia, Universidad del Valle and the Justus Liebig University of Giessen, Germany) which collectively address current problems in this field of knowledge that cannot be solved by isolated individuals or institutions.
This initiative contributes to the development of scientific and technological research for scientific innovation and training, both in Colombia and in international scenarios. As part of its mission, the Corporation opens this call for a support grant for Master’s or doctoral students interested in marine resources, big data, technology, and related issues.
1. OBJECTIVES OF THE CALL
- Hire a postgraduate student to manage funds in the areas of data, infrastructure, or data modeling.
- Promote scientific research and the development of capacities in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics – STEM, at the national and international level.
- Support a postgraduate student in the development of their research project through practical work in the CEMarin.
- Finance support expenses for a postgraduate student who belongs to one of the partner universities of the CEMarin.
Master’s or doctoral students in Marine Sciences, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics or Engineering (Systems, Computing, Civil, Industrial, Environmental) and related areas, from one of the CEMarin member universities.
2. CONTRACT SPECIFICATIONS – GRANT:
The CEMarin Corporation will award the beneficiary a maintenance grant for the development of their postgraduate study. In exchange, the beneficiary will work, part-time, in the development of the activities described in this call.
Number of places: 1
Job title: Scientific Projects and Fundraising Manager
Reports to: Executive and Administrative Management
Contract type: Support grant
Value of the grant: Between 2,500,000 and3,500,000 COP monthly, according to experience and education level
Start date: immediately
Duration of the grant: 10 months (may be extended according to performance)
Dedication: Part-time (20 hours per week)
3. PROFESSIONAL PROFILE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Academic training and professional experience:
Master’s or doctoral student in areas related to Marine Sciences, Engineering, Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related areas, whose thesis work relates to the research lines of the Corporation CEMarin (preferably on the issues of data, modeling and infrastructure)
Demonstrated experience in:
- Applications to potential sources of funding for scientific projects, and to national and international calls for research, digital fundraising or international scientific networks.
- Business development.
- Fundraising for non-profit entities, in the scientific field or other organizations.
- Administration of funded projects in the scientific field.
- Management of activities related to governmental institutions, private companies, non-profit entities, international institutions, etc.
Areas of interest:
- Marine infrastructure and technology
- Data modeling in Marine Sciences
- Abilities in programming in the cloud (app development, Cloud Computing)
- Abilities in programming efficient internet search algorithms
- Knowledge of databases, preferably Access, although others are acceptable
- Data analytics, Big data, Programming in Python, R, or others.
- Database management in Access
- Online data extraction: web scraping
- Support the search for research funds and the applications of the Corporation’s high-impact projects on infrastructure, technology or data issues.
- Manage applications for potential sources of funding, such as projects or research calls.
- Develop, review and consolidate research proposals so that they conform to the specifications of the calls to which they are directed and the specifications of the corresponding funders.
- Write, design, and prepare scientific proposals in accordance with the guidelines defined by the CEMarin Management,
- Support strategies and goals to achieve established fundraising goals.
- Support the organization of the Corporation’s events and internal calls.
- Support the formulation of CEMarin proposals, courses and academic initiatives.
- Support fundraising by identifying and developing innovative and creative proposals.
- Propose and support the implementation of open data and the digital transformation of the CEMarin Corporation.
4. APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Copy of identification document
- A valid certificate of proficiency in English, level B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference
- Letter from your thesis director supporting the application to this call
- Letter of motivation, in English, highlighting your knowledge of marine issues and your scientific, writing, and fundraising abilities, as well as your contribution to the Corporation CEMarin on data and technology topics
If you have any questions or doubts regarding the call, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org