THE CORPORATION CENTER OF EXCELLENCE IN MARINE SCIENCES – CEMarin OPENS THE CALL FOR SUPPORT GRANT: SCIENTIFIC PROJECTS AND FUNDRAISING MANAGER – INFRASTRUCTURE, TECHNOLOGY AND DATA
The Corporation Center of Excellence in Marine Sciences – CEMarin is an international non-profit organization founded by six universities (Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Universidad de los Andes, Universidad de Bogotá Jorge Tadeo Lozano, Universidad de Antioquia, Universidad del Valle and the Justus Liebig University of Giessen, Germany) which collectively address current problems in this field of knowledge that cannot be solved by isolated individuals or institutions.
This initiative contributes to the development of scientific and technological research for scientific innovation and training, both in Colombia and in international scenarios. As part of its mission, the Corporation opens this call for a support grant for Master’s or doctoral students interested in marine resources, big data, technology, and related issues.
1. OBJECTIVES OF THE CALL
- Hire a postgraduate student to manage funds in the areas of data, infrastructure, or data modeling.
- Promote scientific research and the development of capacities in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics – STEM, at the national and international level.
- Support a postgraduate student in the development of their research project through practical work in the CEMarin.
- Finance support expenses for a postgraduate student who belongs to one of the partner universities of the CEMarin.
Master’s or doctoral students in Marine Sciences, Engineering, Data Science, Statistics and related areas, from one of the CEMarin member universities.
2. CONTRACT SPECIFICATIONS – GRANT:
Job title: Scientific Projects and Fundraising Manager
Objectives of the post:
- Look for grant calls with the aim of obtaining resources to finance different research programs and projects of the Corporation CEMarin.
- Guide the implementation of the open data system and digital transformation in the Corporation CEMarin.
Reports to: Executive and Administrative Management
Contract type: Provision of services
Remuneration: Until 3,500,000 COP monthly, according to experience and education level
Start date: June 2021
3. PROFESSIONAL PROFILE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Academic training and professional experience:
Master’s or doctoral student in areas related to: Marine Sciences, Engineering, Data Science or similar, whose thesis work relates to the research lines of the Corporation CEMarin (preferably on the issues of data, modeling, and infrastructure)
Demonstrated experience in:
- Applications to potential sources of funding for scientific projects, and to national and international calls for research, digital fundraising or international scientific networks.
- Business development.
- Fundraising for non-profit entities, in the scientific field or other organizations.
- Administration of funded projects in the scientific field.
- Management of activities related to governmental institutions, private companies, non-profit entities, international institutions, etc.
Areas of interest:
- Marine resources
- Marine infrastructure and technology
- Data modeling in Marine Sciences
Characteristics and competencies:
- Proactivity, critical thinking and the ability to work in a team
- Oriented by results, fulfilment of institutional objectives, high creativity and continuous improvement
- Interest in research and academia
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Interest in fundraising
- Look for research funds and applications for the high-impact projects of the Corporation on the issues of infrastructure, technology, and data.
- Manage applications to possible sources of funding, such as research projects and calls, resource search campaigns, etc.
- Develop, review and consolidate research proposals that meet the specifications of the calls and the requests of corresponding funders.
- Write, design, and prepare scientific proposals in accordance with the guidelines defined by Executive Management.
- Develop strategies and goals to achieve the established fundraising objectives.
- Support the development of CEMarin events and scientific committees.
- Support the internal call processes of the Corporation.
- Formulate, or reformulate, the academic proposals, courses, and initiatives of CEMarin researchers and the guidelines defined by Executive Management.
- Secure new sources of fundraising through the identification and creation of innovative and creative proposals.
- Propose and support the implementation of open data and the digital transformation of the Corporation CEMarin.
4. APPLICATION PROCESS:
Those who meet the requirements and are interested in this call must send the following documents to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org before 5 pm (Colombian time, UTC -5) on 30th May 2021:
- Photocopy of identification document
- Certificate of proficiency in English, level B2
- Letter from your thesis director supporting the application to this call
- Letter of motivation, in English, highlighting your knowledge of marine issues and your scientific, writing, and fundraising abilities, as well as your contribution to the Corporation CEMarin on data and technology topics