Innovative research network ColombiaCONNECT:
Fair and sustainable use of bioresources in a post-conflict society
Funding period: 1 Sep 2020–31 Aug 2023
Call open until March 17th, 2020
This project aims at an innovative transdisciplinary networking and meaningful complementation of the existing Colombian-German cooperation structures in the fields of peace and conflict research, biodiversity and climate impact science as well as bioeconomy and sustainable agriculture.
The underlying hypothesis is that the specific challenges in the use of bioresources in Colombia are best met on the basis of:
- Excellent and transdisciplinary research and development approaches
- Stable international cooperations, viable structures and the integration of efficient partners
- Distributive justice and respect for the population’s rights to exist
- Strict consideration of ecological sustainability
- A peaceful post-conflict society.
The overall objective of ColombiaCONNECT is to establish a permanent Colombian-German innovation network “ColombiaCONNECT – Fair and sustainable use of bioresources in a post-conflict society”. Based on a transdisciplinary cooperation, ColombiaCONNECT will:
- Link the fields of biodiversity and climate impact research, bioeconomy and sustainable agriculture, and peace and conflict research for the fair and sustainable use of bioresources
- Fill knowledge gaps through excellent research and synergy effects
- Design best-practice projects, develop innovative solution strategies and accelerate the systematic transfer of scientific findings to business, politics and society
- Support the balancing of interests between different actors
- Contribute to the sustainable socio-economic development and the peace-building process in Colombia
- Support the strategic expansion of scientific and economic cooperation between Colombia and Germany.
Please send your proposals to the email: email@example.com